Trust your own Brilliance

Trust your own Brilliance

Ok, so this is taken from Girl Code but something that is resonantly with me massively at the moment and something I wanted to share. I’ll try get an Interview with Cara Alwill Leyba one day, that would be insane!!

The interviews in this book are so real and can relate to so many people, if you haven’t read it you must! My favourite bits are the takeaways and the extra credits, these are my top 3.

Page 29:

TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA DIET

‘This is hands down my top tip. Social media can be a fantastic tool for growing your business, but it can chew you up and spit you out just as fast, When you feel yourself getting on the crazy train, vow to take a break from social media. Plan your break, and even schedule it into your calendar if needed. Close out of your browsers, turn the notifications off on your phone, etc. . Set aside a two-hour break, a three-day break, whatever your need to reset your thinking and get out of ‘compare and despair’ mode.

MEDITATE

‘Meditation does not have to involve chanting and sitting cross-legged on the floor. To meditate simply means to clear your mind and focus on a positive, affirming thought. And there is nothing like meditation to tap into your purest thoughts and get in touch with your true self. Set aside ten minutes a day to spend in a quiet place, taking a few deep breaths. Create a mantra for yourself that makes you feel proud of who you are.’

CREATE SOMETHING YOU WISH EXISTED

‘Rather than looking around at what everyone else is creating, think about what you wish already existed, what story needs to be told, what product needs to be created? Out inner magic shines when we stop trying to replicate other successful ventures and innovate from our own desires. ‘

And finally. ‘If you don’t go after what you want , you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no . If you don’t step forward you’re always in the same place.’

On that note, we are starting the Social Media Diet, but we’ll be back in September with some amazing interviews and some VERY exciting news.

Thank you

#womenrock

LATEST WOMENROCK

A letter from Alicia
WOMENROCK02-05-2026
A letter from Alicia
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
WOMENROCK25-06-2024
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
Breaking The Stigma Around Bipolar | Kelly Morgans
WOMENROCK07-05-2024
Breaking The Stigma Around Bipolar | Kelly Morgans