Let's Take A Moment To Reflect

Let's Take A Moment To Reflect

As we come to the end of another year it’s nice to take a moment and reflect on an incredible year of growth, empowerment, and insightful conversations we've had on Women Rock. A whopping 78,865 people have read these stories and were proud of our impressive global reach – I mean, are we surprised, have you seen that lineup!!

Women Rock 2023 has featured inspiring women from various fields, we've truly made waves in championing justice, equality, and inclusion and being a voice for diversity in tech. Let's take a moment to celebrate the remarkable women we've had the privilege of highlighting:

💙 Maddie Clingan

💙 Laura Voineag

💙 Kinga Stryszaowska-Hill

💙 Hilary Stephenson

💙 Anita Pritchard

💙 Daniela Alvaran

💙 Karen Fynn

💙 Victoria Reed

💙 Kellie Hill

💙 Olivinana Bailey

💙 Gaia Armelin

💙 Iffat Rose Gill

💙 Hannah Grinsted

💙 Loraine Kelly

💙 Grace Witter

💙 Ciara Conway

💙 Felicita Coulibaly

💙 Jenny Strickland

💙 Fleur Thompson

💙 Tobu Olowu

💙 Violet Snell

💙 Tanmaya Kulkarni

💙 Namrata Sarmah

💙 Candice Storm

💙 Shirley Cavin

💙 Susie Piggot

💙 Melody Sylvestre

💙 Alisha Mclaughlin

💙 Cathrin Hirling

💙 Charlotte Philippe

💙 Priya Baheti

💙 Hannah Cross

💙 Raana Saheb

💙 Raghad Al-Abboodi

💙 Camilla Brizzi

💙 Penny Rae-Byford

💙 Amber Swift

💙 Marian Hussein

💙 Carla Ruiz Martinez

💙 Becky Tsao

💙 Neela Rai

Throughout the year, Women Rock has delved into critical topics. We've explored the importance of finding one's tribe, the shocking pain gap in emergency medical situations, and the alarming statistics revealing that black women are four times more likely to die in childbirth than their white counterparts. We've also addressed issues surrounding menopause, and the lack of diversity within the realms of AI, hardware, and computer vision plus so much more. The key theme throughout this year was just that – MORE. We can all do more, we should be doing more to speak about ED&I, to celebrate diverse talent, and to ask for more CV’s when the shortlist is as non-diverse as possible lacking diverse candidates.

As we head into 2024, Women Rock is committed to tackling the ongoing challenges in Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I). Our focus will be on amplifying voices that often go unheard, fostering an environment where every woman feels seen, heard, and valued. Our plans for the upcoming year include:

Amplifying Underrepresented Voices: Continuing to showcase and celebrate women from diverse backgrounds, ensuring a platform for those often marginalised.

Collaborative Initiatives: Partnering with organisations that share our commitment to ED&I, fostering collaboration to drive meaningful change on a broader scale.

And.

The Women Rock Podcast: Come on, you knew it was coming…..

Launching in March 2024. The podcast aims to empower and inspire listeners by showcasing the achievements and stories of remarkable women in Tech. You’ll hear engaging conversations and gain insights from women who are making a difference in their respective fields. And yes, I’m having a mega launch party – you’re all invited.

I am forever grateful of our stunning community, contributors, and again thank you to the awesome folk who have shared their stories. Together, we will continue to rock the narrative and I promise to give everything I have and make 2024 a year of positive change for diversity everywhere.

Stay great!

#WomenRock

LATEST WOMENROCK

A letter from Alicia
WOMENROCK02-05-2026
A letter from Alicia
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
WOMENROCK25-06-2024
Louise Patterson | Northumbrian Water Group
Breaking The Stigma Around Bipolar | Kelly Morgans
WOMENROCK07-05-2024
Breaking The Stigma Around Bipolar | Kelly Morgans