Senior Network Engineer Needed!
Reports to: Head of IT Operations
Location: Cardiff Office - hybrid - 1 day onsite per week minimum
We are partnering with one of the most exciting, high potential tech companies in South Wales.
They need a experienced network engineer, to support there growing infrastructure network.
- Design, implement, support and manage network infrastructure using Cisco and other leading networking brands.
- Ensure robust firewall security and efficient traffic management across multiple locations ensuring availability, integrity and confidentiality to an ISO27001 standard.
- Conduct network monitoring and performance analysis, proposing and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Collaborate with IT teams to integrate network management in both on-premise and cloud environments using ITSM toolsets.
- Provide high-level technical support and troubleshooting for complex network issues.
- Lead projects to upgrade network components and systems, ensuring minimal disruption to operations.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for network architecture and procedures.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in network technology and security, to continually enhance our infrastructure.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure effective cost-benefit and performance from contracted services.
- Conduct new network audits as needed.
- Apply updates to keep equipment up to date.
- Implement and maintain security policies on network infrastructure and services to ISO27001 standards.
- Plan and deploy network expansion and capacity upgrades to meet business growth.
- Recommend and integrate new network technologies to improve the efficiency and security of the network.
- Work with the wider IT team to implement new network designs and apply changes to adhere to best practice.
- Proven experience in network engineering, with at least 5 years' experience working with Cisco products and other major networking brands.
- Strong knowledge of firewall management and network security principles.
- Experience in managing networks over large geographical areas.
- Experience with external DNS management and web hosting.
- Proficient in Linux, Windows Server OS, IIS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with cloud-based networking solutions (Azure & AWS).
- Willingness to travel, including international destinations.
- Experience managing firewalls and edge networking appliances.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to manage complex network environments.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) are highly desirable.
- Experience in managing relationships with technology vendors and service providers can be a valuable addition, showing skills in negotiation and maintaining beneficial partnerships.
- Developed skills in customer service, especially if the role involves direct interaction with internal or external clients and stakeholders of all levels.
Its a urgent role ready to book interviews for, please apply today and I will be in contact.