R Shiny Web Application Developer - Remote,Europe/UK - Contract
Rate: £300-£350 per day
- Reporting to the Global Head of Analytics and Reporting Tools, and with the support of senior team members located across the world, the incumbent leads the development, maintenance, and release of R packages and RShiny applications in production with quality and promptly, following regulatory requirements. The incumbent applies hands-on technical expertise in R and Shiny, combined with clinical trial, statistical analysis, APIs, DevOps tools, Docker/Kubernetes, and cloud environment knowledge to succeed in the development and deployment of innovative statistical reporting solutions. The incumbent serves as a department-level expert to interact with IT and support companywide initiatives that have an impact on technology-related processes, as well as a mentor and train junior-level team members and internal resources.
- Work with Analytics and Reporting team members, Statistical programmers, and statisticians on the development, maintenance, and support of innovative R packages and Shiny applications to support Statistical Analysis on global clinical trial projects.
- Collaborate with IT, standard governance, and Quality Assurance for the deployment in production of global innovative reporting applications on-premises or in the cloud.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Life Science, or related field, with +5 years of web application development experience
- Excellent technical skills with programming languages such as R, Python, and Java, typically used for software development in a global environment.
- Demonstrated experience and strength in developing, maintaining, and deploying web applications and APIs
- Proven experience with relational and non-relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, and MongoDB. Extra points for Graph Databases