Head of Procurement | Cyber Security
Outside IR35 | Remote
SR2 are excited to work with a digital transformation consultancy on a new, long-term project for a large government client. As such we are looking for a Head of Procurement on a 6-month initial contract, positioned outside IR35. This is a very exciting role that has the potential to be a long-term contract for the right person. You will be working within a cyber security team within a highly influential programme that will impact the lives of the British population.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Procurement who can also lead on finance and budgeting. Experience with cyber security will be highly beneficial. Ideally, you will come from a public sector background, but we are also able you consider private sector experience.
- The successful candidate will be in charge of overseeing and directing the entire procurement and re-procurement process for both new and existing contracts. This includes tasks such as planning, managing scope changes, and providing progress reports throughout the process.
- Experience creating and maintaining a dynamic pipeline of current and upcoming procurements. This pipeline should be regularly reviewed and discussed with the business to facilitate effective planning and resource allocation.
- Commercial management which involves overseeing financial, forecasting, and budget management activities within the Cyber Team. Experience would include ensuring accurate allocation of budgets and timely review, approval, and settlement of invoices.
- Present new procurement business cases to the Buyer's TRB for review and approval.
- Manage and supervise the budgets of the Cyber Team, including forecasting and planning.
- Develop and submit business cases and funding proposals for the Cyber Team, including conducting scenario planning to assess the effects of various funding levels on the overall delivery capability of the Cyber Team.
- Outside IR35
- 6-month rolling contract
- Start within a month
- Rate tbc (potentially between £550 - £650)
Please apply and Emma from SR2 will contact potential candidates regarding next steps.